Teacher orientation and refresher sessions for the 2013-2014 school year are offered during the months of August through April to provide critical information about mechanics of the Young AmeriTowne program and classroom materials.
- The five-hour orientation is required for all teachers who have not previously taught the Young AmeriTowne curriculum.
- A short refresher video is available to watch here. Contact Jeremy Ollie at 303-320-3236 with questions.
- For your convenience, orientations have been scheduled on weekdays and Saturdays, and refreshers have been scheduled on weekdays after school. Bring your whole team and use the day as a planning session!
- All sessions are conducted at Young Americans Center for Financial Education, 3550 E. First Ave., Denver, CO, located on the southwest corner of First Ave. and Monroe St., four blocks west of Colorado Blvd. Please park in the parking garage attached to the building (entrance on Monroe).
- Beverages and snacks will be available for Teacher Orientations. For the refresher sessions, feel free to bring a snack.
- Plan to attend an orientation or refresher session at least two months prior to your Towne date. Advance reservations are required to allow time to prepare the appropriate number of curriculum, updates and classroom materials , which will be available at each session.
- To reserve your spot, contact Director of Programs Registration, 303-320-3236.
- If you do not plan to attend either an orientation or a refresher session, please contact Director of Programs Registration to arrange a time to pick up curriculum updates and classroom materials - at least 2 weeks notice required for pick up (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Materials will be available for pickup after August 14, 2013. Don't forget to call ahead!
2013-2014 Teacher Orientation Sessions
All sessions: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, August 14
Saturday, August 17
Wednesday, August 21
Wednesday, September 11
Saturday, September 14
Wednesday, October 16
Wednesday, November 13
Saturday, November 16
Wednesday, December 4
Wednesday, January 8
Wednesday, January 15
Saturday, January 25
Saturday, February 8
Wednesday, February 26
Wednesday, March 12
Saturday, March 22
Wednesday, April 9