Products and Services
Young Americans Bank offers all the same stuff as adult banks, only we focus on helping you learn so you can handle money and banking products like a pro. Here's what we offer:
- Savings Accounts - a great way to save your money because they are safe and your money will grow as it earns interest. Whether you're 1 or 21, it only takes a $5 deposit to get started saving today!
- CDs - not the music kind. We mean Certificates of Deposit. CDs are another great way to save money. They are good for saving for long-term goals such as college or a car.
- Checking Accounts - let you pay for things without using cash. They are safer (because you don't have to carry a bunch of cash around) and they can help you budget your money.
- ATM Cards - ATM stands for Automated Teller Machine. ATM cards let you take money out of your savings or checking account without actually coming in to Young Americans Bank.
- Debit Cards - let you pay for something with the money in your checking account, without writing a check.
- Internet Banking - Use YAB eBank to get your account information over the Internet and see how much money you've saved, transfer money, or look at a list of deposits you've made.
- Credit Cards - let you buy something now and pay for it later. Credit cards can be difficult to understand and can be very expensive if used incorrectly. Young Americans Bank will help you understand how to use credit cards responsibly and correctly so they become helpful, not harmful, tools for you.
- Loans - You can borrow money from Young Americans Bank with a loan. Some of our loan customers are young entrepreneurs who have borrowed money to start a business. Others borrow money to buy things like school books, bikes and cars. When you borrow money with a loan, you usually pay it back a little each month until it is paid off. You have to pay an extra amount - interest - with each payment.
- Photo Identification Cards - $1, expire every year (Main location only)
- Cashiers Checks - $3 each
- Night Deposit Box (make deposits after hours)