Contact the bank for fee information.
Fast Facts: Young Americans Bank Checking Account
- Minimum opening deposit - $10
- Must have a state-issued or government issued ID to open account
- Sponsoring adult (if under 18) must have valid photo ID
- No interest paid
- No monthly service charge
- Monthly statements mailed
- $12 overdraft fee (when you write a check and your account doesn't have enough money)
- Recommended minimum age: 12
Are more convenient - you don't have to carry cash and checkbooks can be replaced if they are lost or stolen - cash cannot be replaced.
Can save time - you don't have to go to the bank to withdraw money.
Help you budget your money - when you write a check, you create a written record of your payment in a check register. Writing down what you spend your money on can help you plan for the future.