The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of 12-15 middle and high school teenagers, who serve a one-year term on the board. They meet monthly and learn about banking, business, nonprofits, philanthropy, and leadership, while providing a youth perspective to the adult board and management. Two past members are selected to serve as co-chairs and lead the board meetings.
- Colin Wells, East High School
- Ellie Wroble, East HIgh School
2012-2013 Youth Board Members:
- Colter Adams, Cherry Creek High School
- Jorden Cammack, Thomas Jefferson High School
- Salina Haville, Castle View High School
- Steven McAlester, Bishop Machebeuf High School
- Kara Nazminia, Arapahoe High School
- Grace Romer, East High School
- Peter Ruette, Denver School of Science and Technology
- Ayanna Shambe, Legend High School
- Kellie Warren, D'Evelyn Jr./Sr. High School
- Laura Wells, East High School
- Adam Wise, George Washington High School
More About the Board
- are selected through an application and interview process.
- meet one Saturday a month from August to June - a one-year term.
- learn about business, banking and the nonprofit world.
- gain experience in leadership and business etiquette.
- provide a youth perspective to the adult board and management.
- participate in special functions and events.
- become lifetime members of the alumni association after serving a one-year term
How do I get on the board?
The 2013-2014 Youth Advisory Board application is now available. Download and submit it by June 29!